Everyone’s been in that dreaded position where you need to leave in 5 minutes but you’re panicking about what to wear. Is what you have on going to impress your date? Are you overdressed? What will everyone else there be wearing? Well Nibble the team have come up with a few rules on what to wear, which we thing if you follow, you can’t go wrong:
- Wear what makes you feel comfortable – this is the most important by far. The key to a good date is being your authentic self, it’s who you are, it’s who you want your date to fall for and it is the best version of you. Wear something which makes you feel at ease and gives you that confidence to say hello
- Dress for the occasion – at Nibble we work with a huge range of venues so you can be sure you and your date are going to love where you go. That does mean though, please dress for the occasion…don’t wear the same thing to axe throwing as you would to dinner, if only for the sake that we’ve heard long sleeve shirts aren’t great for an overarm throw
- Err on the side of caution – if you’re ever on the fence about two outfits with not much to choose between, then the safest option is normally to slightly overdress rather than underdress. Not only does this help you feel more at ease if you end up at a smarter venue later in the evening, but it also shows your date you’ve made an effort!
- See if the venue has a dress code – this makes life a lot easier if it does! Do add personal touches and make sure you feel comfortable, but following the dress code is an easy win if you’re ever in doubt
- Check out the venues Instagram – this is another great place to look if you aren’t sure what to wear, venues normally have their own profiles and if there’s no dress code you’ll definitely be able to draw some inspiration here!
Hope that helps, keep your eyes peeled for more content from the Nibble team as we lock in our pre-seed funding!
Much dating love
Mark and the Nibble team x